Professional Staff Recruiter, Dan Finigan, can be reached at 860-508-7620 or emailed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB POSTING: Physical Therapist, GREATER NEW HAVEN area Physical Therapist- Home Care
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
– Exemplary judgment and knowledge of current therapy practices
– Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and professionalism
– Self-direction with a strong sense of team commitment
– Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Provides Physical Therapy services to patients including evaluations, treatment
planning, patient treatment and reassessments under the direction of physician’s orders
• Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, family, agency case
manager, and other team members.
• Educates patients and their families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic, and assistive devices.
• Documents results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination
of services as directed by agency policies.
• Conducts screenings of patients at required intervals to determine need for
• Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies plan of care as needed
to attain anticipated goals and established outcomes.
• Participates in discharge planning including programming to maintain and enhance
the performance of the patient in his or her own environment.
• Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
• Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for
the health care professional.
• Adheres to established HIPAA regulations.
• Successful completion of a program of study approved by the American Physical
Therapy Association (APTA)
• Current PT licensure issued by the state of CT and in good standing order
• Physically able to walk, bend, stoop, and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
• Active, licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with
state and/or organizational requirements and is in good working order
• Proficient in technological devices/systems such as tablets, scanners, computers,
laptops, e-mail, text messaging, and electronic documentation.
• Current CPR certification